Call Us Today If You've Been Injured, For More Information And A Free Case Evaluation: 303-825-2223
Contact Us
Rosenthal Law Office
Free Case Evaluation.
 
Fill out the form below and we will contact you regarding your case within 24 hours.

Preferred Method Of Contact:

  I have read and agree to the Terms.*

Answer the question:* four + 2 =? 

*Required Fields

 
The National Trial Lawyers
  Reviews for The Law Firm of Jeremy Rosenthal

40 customer reviews

Average rating:5

 
  For a difficult ...
I was in an auto accident last December, and I got a...
by Guin M on 05/15/2014
  Personalized ...
My experience in working with The Law Firm of Jeremy...
by Diana R on 05/15/2014
  Extremely ...
The people at the Law Firm of Jeremy Rosenthal are very...
by Joe K on 05/12/2014
  A great experience ...
The Law Firm of Jeremy Rosenthal was good! My daughter...
by joy B on 05/08/2014
More Verified Reviews

Should a Personal Injury Lawyer Have Trial Skills?

Personal injuries are quite common. Whether an automobile accident or a work accident caused an injury, there will be a need for a personal injury lawyer to fight for you during your case. Most cases, nearly 95%, will come to an end before a case goes to trial. This indicates that the vast majority of cases will not need a personal injury lawyer, but what about the remaining 5 percent of cases?

Statistics further show that 90% of cases that go to trial are in favor of the person that has made the claim. If a person that is injured has filed the claim, this is a major sigh of relief.

Conflicting Views

Settlements are met when both parties’ attorneys come to an agreement on the perspective value of a case. Oftentimes, both lawyers will find common ground and reach a settlement. This helps the defendant keep their fees lower and resolves the matter much faster.

Cases that do not reach a settlement simply have conflicting views. The biggest issues are fault and settlement values. In the event that fault is clearly demonstrated, it is far more likely that a case will be settled.

Trial Skills

While most personal injury cases do not end up going to trial, there is a slim chance your case will need to go in front of a judge. Trial skills will prove to be very beneficial at this time. A lawyer that has trial skills should be sought for any and all personal injury cases. While the case will likely be negotiated outside of the courtroom, if the case does go to trial, an inexperienced lawyer can cause their clients to lose their case or reach lower settlements.

When consulting with your lawyer, it is essential to ask about their trial skills and the last time they successfully won a case in front of a judge. Many lawyers will work on a contingency basis wherein payment and fees will not be required unless a case is won. This is a preferred arrangement in the event that a case does go to trial.

The complexity of the case and the evidence will play a major role in the necessity of a trial. Cases where injuries are prevalent and settlement numbers are not exorbitant will often be negotiated out of court. Otherwise, when cases are complex or a large settlement is possible, it becomes increasingly important to seek a personal injury lawyer that has trial experience.


Posted in Boulder auto accident, Denver, Personal Injury